Monday, January 02, 2006

Smoothie recipe

Since Sarah liked my soup recipe so much (see her blog), I thought I'd post another favorite. Not soup, this time. This is one of my favorite breakfasts.

Cherry-chocolate smoothie
Throw (softly!) into a blender the following, in order:
  • About 1.5 c of frozen cherries
  • 1 scoop of soy protein powder (my favorite is SpiruTein chocolate, but Trader Joe's plain is cheaper)
  • if you're feeling extra-chocoholic, some choc syrup or a scoop of Ghirardelli powdered chocolate
  • 1 sm-med banana, broken into chunks and frozen at least a day
  • 1 container yogurt (black cherry, vanilla, or plain--depending on how virtuous you want to be)
  • chocolate soymilk up to the top of the cherries
  • cherry juice (available at Trader Joes) to just below the top of the yogurt. If you can't get cherry juice--which I keep typing as "cheery juice," and that seems appropriate--then just use more soymilk.
That's it. Blend it all up and add a straw. There's NO ice and no ice cream, but it is very cold and creamy and quite delicious. I'll post the banana-blueberry smoothie soon, too.

And this was partly just an excuse to use my new categories feature. We'll see if it works.

Filed under:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are delicious indeed, and perfect for a life-style change!